I consulted the cards, and in the Victorian Romantic deck I got the Empress, the Empress? It wasn't the card I expected, but upon meditation it did seem to fit. Our conflicts seemed to be around the running of the household, *my* running of the household and where I ran short. I feel like I am supposed to be the capable and nurturing mother, who can keep things running smoothly hand in hand with keeping a nice house, and happy, well adjusted children. This Empress is ample, oozing with femininity. She is holding a young cherub, nuzzling affectionately and full of motherlove. Below, there are two doves mired in a courtship ritual with an angel looking on. Is our love divinely protected? Are we acting out another end of the courtship ritual. On the other side of romantic love is the irritation that comes with familiarity.
Is this card a reminder for me to tap into the archetypal energies of the feminine, of the mother...She is there to strengthen me in this role I have chosen. She is nurturing innocence, is a certain amount of innocence necessary in order to walk the line in a romantic relationship? Am I shirking my motherly instincts? I must also ask myself that. I do spend a great deal of time on my dance and classes, rehearsals, writing class, on the computer. Where are my priorities?
Thank you Empress for the insights.

Love the new look!
ReplyDeleteWhat's the picture at the top?
:) Leigh